Westieville

luvwagging

 

Lake Huron Lighthouses

 

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lions Head Light

no-pic

Built:  1983 replica of a 1911 light that was destroyed in a storm in 1913

Viewing: From Hwy. 6 approximately 28 miles south of Tobermory, turn east on Country Rd. 9 (Lions Head Rd./Ferndale Rd.) and go approximately 2 miles to a stop sign at Main St. in the town of Lions Head.  Turn left on Main St. and go 0.5 miles to Scott St.  Turn right on Scott St. and go about 1 block to Helen St.  Turn left on Helen St. and go about 0.3 miles bearing right to a T intersection.  Turn right and immediately after turning look for the old range light on the left.

GPS:  44.99061, -81.24827